My weekly food prep jumped up another level in May as I started a 12 week challenge at my gym. The challenge is tailored to our own personal goal – for some it body composition, for some like me it is to eat well to support my level of exercise to ensure I recover well and improve my strength.
The challenge has me eating more meals and to make sure it happens I am meal prepping for days plus some extra stuff on the weekend and then another meal prep session mid week.
A weekend meal prep for me looks like this:
From left to right – breakfast, morning snack and then lunch. Dinner I combine some pre-cooked stuff plus what I am cooking for the family most nights. Some recipes I am using for my prepared meals are:
- I am tweaking this sang choy bow recipe for the chicken.
- Roasted sweet potato in this fab cooker. Makes it so easy to cook it up in bulk, use it multiple times a week for me and for the doing traditional roast potatoes as well.
- By cooking up my greens using this recipe I have found they reheat well.
Over the last few weeks I have become more efficient with the meals I make and have found ways to mix it in with family meals to reduce the cooking I am doing.
I am actually really enjoying having meals ready to go. I have always tended to eat roughly the same thing for breakfast and lunch, so I am fine eating the same thing for a few days in a row.
Lunch box ideas for the kids
I am still preparing food for the kids’ lunches over the last few weeks I have made:
Our weekly menu plans for June
And these are our menu plans week by week with shopping lists included created in the PWK menu planning app:
Week Commencing 13th June
|Mon||Chicken, cashew and ginger stir fry|
|Wed||Sang choy bow|
|Thu||Sausages, veg and crispy mashed potato mounds|
|Fri||Chicken wings, baked potatoes and steamed corn|
|Sun||Chicken schnitzel and vegetables|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 160613|
Week Commencing 20th June
|Tue||Slow cooker butter chicken
|Wed||Dukkah crusted salmon with crunchy potatoes and garlic spinach|
|Thu||Slow cooker beef stroganoff (gluten free)
|Fri||Weekly menu plan shopping list 160620|
PWK Menu Planning App
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Are you a planner when it comes to food?