Planning With Kids is about productivity for families. Getting organised at home so you can spend more time on the good and fun bits of family life.
I have put together this list of posts to give you a quick guide through just some of the key tips, templates and processes that we have used to help simplify and add fun to our family life.
1. Menu Planning:
Stress free meal time is essential when you have a busy family. Meal planning allows you to simplify the eating and shopping process in one hit.
- Why Menu Plan?
- Menu Planning Process
- Bulk Monthly Menu Planning
- How To Menu Plan For A Month In 35 Minutes!
- Menu Planner FAQ
- Menu Plan Monthly Template (including kid’s input table)
- Reorganising The Pantry and Getting Rid Of Pantry Moths
- Monthly Menu Planning Time Again, This Time With Added Video!
- Family Menu Planning FAQ and Monthly Menu Plan
- Feeding The Family – When and Where Are We Shopping?
2. Night Time Preparation / Smooth Mornings:
Going to bed organised, means that mornings will run so much smoother and allow it to be an enjoyable as opposed to a hectic time of the day.
- 10 Things To Do Before You Go To Bed
- School Lunch Box Process
- 10 Tips For Organised School Mornings
- Morning Routine – What We Do
- Night Time Routine – Getting Ready For The Next Day – a guest post from a mum who works part time.
- Evening Routine - a guest post from a mum who works part time hours, some at home and some in the office
- Our Big Family School Morning Routine – a guest post from a mum to 8 kids
- Teaching Kids To Do It Themselves – Making Breakfast
- The Evolution Of Planning – Changing my morning routine
3. Children’s Timetables and School Activities:
Creating visual schedules for the kids, so they know what they need to have when, allows them to become accountable for their own organisation.
- Getting Ready For Starting School
- Children’s Routines
- Creating A Children’s Timetable
- Preschool Morning Routine
- Back To School Routines – getting organised after the school holidayas
- Daily Schedule For Kids – short video of me and the kids creating their schedules.
- Teaching Kids Their Address And Other Details
Once you have children in preschool and school there are a number of ways that you can support their learning and manage their activities:
- 10 Online Games For Learning The Alphabet
- Practicing Magic (Sight Words)
- 10 Online Games To Practice Sight (Magic) Words
- 10 Homework Tips For Parents
- 10 Reading Comprehension Questions For Junior Primary
- 10 Tips For Managing After School Activities
- Managing School Paperwork
- Learnings From The First Year Of School
- Managing Technology With Kids
- Homework Help – Managing It With Multiple Kids
- After School Snacks
4. Children’s Jobs:
Allocating age appropriate tasks to the kids, not only reduces mum and dad’s work loads, but begins teaching them responsibility.
- Kid’s Morning Tasks Examples
- Children’s Jobs List (Scroll to the end of this post for the list.)
- 10 Steps To Get Children Involved In Housework
- School Holiday Tips – Keeping The House Tidy
- Kids Chores – What My Kids Do In The Morning
- Teaching Kids To Do It Themselves – Setting The Table
5. Family Relationships:
Communication is the key to keeping the relationships in the family in a healthy shape. Here are some wayss we manage the relationships in our family:
- Family Meetings
- 10 Circuit Breakers To Prevent Those Family Melt Down Moments!
- 10 Strategies To Gain Co-Operation From A Toddler
- Characteristics of Two (and a half) Year Old Behavior
- Characteristics of Three (and a half) Year Old Behavior
- Alternative To Time Out
- Spending Individual Time With The Kids
- Discipline Strategies
- Parenting Tips For Teenagers
- Family Life – Mostly Easier
Play is such an essential ingredient of a happy family. Play can take many different forms and you will find ideas in the post listed:
- 10 School Holiday Activities To Do At Home
- Building Play Into The Every Day
- 10 Activities To Do At Home With The Kids
- 10 Children’s Activities To Do With The Kids When It Is Hot!
- Preparing For School Holidays
- 5 Simple Kids Activities At Home
- Our Big Family Summer Holiday – Katie shares how a family of 8 can survive and enjoy a family road trip holiday.
It is essential for mum to have a balance of activities in her life, to ensure that you can best take care of your family. Planning time for your work, rest and play means it is far more likely to happen.
- Mums Work Plan
- Balancing Family Life and Online Activities
- 10 Tips For Coping With A Larger Family
- The Typical Day Of A Stay At Home Mum
- The Dilemma Of Balance
- Family Budget
- Advice For Mums To Be and New Mums
- Flying Solo – Preparing The Family For Your Absence
- Do You Ever Have Off Days?
- 5 Healthy Snack Ideas For Mum
- 9 tips for updating your wardrobe on a budget
- Writing Down Your Week
- 5 Tips To Help You Organise Time To Exercise
- Coping With The Busyness
- How Do You Fit It All In?
If you are up for further reading you can also check out the popular posts:
- Planning With Kids Popular Posts 2008
- Planning With Kids Popular Posts 2009
- Planning With Kids Popular Posts 2012
If you have any questions, comments or tips you would like to share, feel free to leave them in the comment section below or you can email me at email@example.com.
Wishing you simplicity and happy times for your family!Tweet