Making your own taco seasoning is super simple and tastes even better than the ones from the packet!
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp macadamia oil (or preferred oil)
- Combine all spices with the exception of the garlic.
- Finely chop onion and prepare garlic for crushing.
- Heat oil on a med-low heat in a large frying pan. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Crush garlic into fry pan and stir for a minute or so.
- Add your preferred meat and cook until browned.
- Add spices and stir for a couple of minutes until well combined.
- Serve in lettuce or tortilla wraps with your fave veggies and salad.
I have had requests for the original recipe I had here for Taco Seasoning. This one isn’t Paleo or gluten free but it is very tasty as well:
- 4 tbsps plain flour
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 3 tbsps chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp salt
- In a bowl combine and mix all the ingredients well.
- Transfer to a clean (dry) jar with airtight lid. This makes approx 1/2 cup of taco seasoning.
- When making tacos, add 3 tbsps of this seasoning to the meat, stir in, then add 3/4 cup of water to the meat and cook for a couple of minutes until excess liquid is simmered away.
If you need step by step instructions on cooking tacos for a meal, you can download the word document – Tacos Recipe
If you would like to make your own salsa, you can find my recipe for that here: Easy Salsa Recipe.
Family Menu Plan For The Week
This is what our family is having this week:
Baking: Banana Cake
Monday: Potato and Leek Soup
Tuesday: Porcupine Meatballs
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Beef Stir Fry with Asian Greens
Friday: Baked Penne With Bacon
If you like the look of this family menu plan, then you might like to use The Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. With the menu planner you can select your meals for the week and print our your own shopping list.