|Parties With Kids is your complete guide to planning your kids party. More info found here, or click to buy!|
Catching up with my friend Annie last week, she served me some very delicious chocolate brownie that she had made with daughter. It reminded me that I had a recipe filed away to test that described itself as easy to make and creates a very moist brownie. So I did finally test it out and it was true to its word – it was very easy to make and it was indeed very moist!
A great tip I picked up from my friend Justine, is to cut the brownie into shapes with a cookie cutter, if you want to notch it up a bit on presentation. I actually placed the butterflies upside down on the plate, so the bottom (flat) side was facing up. I then dusted them slightly with icing sugar. Such a cute way to present them if you are taking them along to an afternoon tea somewhere.
Easy Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Optional: icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- In a large bowl add oil, sugar and vanilla. Beat with electric beater for a minute or so.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating each one in using the beater until they are completely combined.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon until dry ingredients are thoroughly blended in.
- Pour mixture into a lined tin. (Mine was 22cm x 30cm and was slightly bigger than I would have liked.)
- Bake for about 30 minutes. The brownie should pull away easily from the baking paper when it is cooked.
The Family Menu Plan For This Week
Monday: Homemade Pasties
Tuesday: Left Overs
Wednesday: Beef Stir Fry
Thursday: Spaghetti Bolognaise
Friday: Scrambled Eggs
Saturday: French Onion Soup
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.