This slow cooker beef stroganoff recipe is a modified version of my old recipe you can find here. This dish always reminds me of winter. It was a favourite in my house growing up and it is now a favourite in our house too!
- 500 grams diced beef
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large potatoes, cubed 1cm x 1cm
- 3 large carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 300 mls sour cream (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl place the meat, add the arrowroot then toss.
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown the meat.
- Once browned, transfer meat to the slow cooker and then add all ingredients with the exception of the sour cream.
- Place lid on and cook on Auto/Low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes add sour cream (optional) and stir in thoroughly.
- Serve with rice or a large serving of green veggies.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
With a cold week forecast, there are lots of winter style dishes on the plan. I am also going to be playing around with rogan josh recipe to come up with a gluten free and dairy free alternative.
Week Commencing 11th August
|Tue||Slow cooker rogan josh|
|Wed||Chicken schnitzel and vegetables|
|Thu||Creamy chicken and sweet potato stew|
|Fri||Homemade sausage rolls|
|Sun||Slow cooker shredded beef and rocket salad
Lunch Box Egg and Bacon Muffins
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 11th Aug|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.