One of my favourite slow cooker recipes on the blog is my slow cooker satay. But since taking a wholefood / clean eating approach to my diet I no longer eat some of the ingredients that make up the dish. So I have been playing around with different combinations to make a clean version of the satay and after a few different versions, this is my favourite. While it does not taste exactly the same, it has a great flavour and is still super easy to make. It goes beautifully with some sauteed baby spinach.
- Slice capsicum and carrots and add to the slow cooker.
- Place chicken into slow cooker with cut vegetables.
- Crush garlic on top of the veggies.
- Add remaining ingredients with the exception of the almonds and stir to combine.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high.
- Serve with sautéed baby spinach or steamed rice.
- Roughly chop almonds and sprinkle on top.
More family friendly recipes
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. You might like to also check out Planning With Kids Menu Planning App. The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What’s been cooking in your slow cooker?