My kids love English Muffin Pizza in their lunch box. They are super easy to make and I have even whipped up a batch in the morning before school with out any fuss.
The version of English Muffin Pizza my kids love is very basic, but the other good thing about this lunch box recipe is you can use up all sorts of left overs to add some flavour, for example you might like to add ingredients like fresh herbs, roasted vegetables or left over meats.
English Muffin Pizza
- 1 packet English Muffins
- 140 grams tomato paste
- 100 grams grated mozzarella cheese
- 100 grams grated tasty cheese
- 200 grams roast chicken cut up (approx)
1. Heat grill on high.
3. Place tray under the grill and cook for a couple of minutes. (I cook ours just until I can start to see some colour appearing.
4. Take out from grill and turn over. Cook again for a couple of minutes, until they are lightly golden. I find by cooking this side of the muffin the tomato paste doesn’t just soak in quite so much and they hold better for lunch boxes.
7. Grill for a minute or two until the cheese has melted and started to turn golden.
I will often cook these the night before and store in the fridge over night.
I know many kids have these in their lunch boxes – what else do you use as toppings?lunch box