Another super simple sweet treat that is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. This makes a nice big batch and they freeze well, so I like to freeze up batches to have on hand for the unexpected pop in or just for a chocolately treat in emergencies!
They are perfect with a cup of tea. I adore Pukkah Teas, current favourites are peppermint and licorice, and detox.
- 3 cup raw almonds
- 3 cups dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and pulse until it forms a dough like consistency. You should be to squeeze the dough easily to form a ball which stays together well.
- Using a heaped tablespoon of mixture make into balls.
- Place in an airtight container in the fridge and let set for 2 hours.
Our family menu plan for the week
Week Commencing 22nd Aug 2016
|Mon||Slow cooker roast lamb|
|Wed||Slow cooker chicken satay (gluten free)
|Thu||Moroccan minted beef|
|Fri||Home made hamburgers and salad|
|Sat||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
|Sun||Chicken wings, baked potatoes and steamed corn|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 160822|
More family friendly recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Some of the links contain affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, making purchases through them helps support this site. Thank you!