So far I have cleaned up all the school gear, purchased new school shoes and runners and have begun stocking up the freezer with some lunch box items. (You can see my back to school check list here if you are wanting to get off to a flying start to the school year.)
Below is our current lunch box set up for the primary school kids – recipes are available on the blog that you can make ahead and freeze. Getting everyone back into routine at the start of the school year can be challenging, especially if you have had time off work as well. Having some lunch box items in the freezer can just take the pressure off the first few weeks as everyone is adjusting back to their old routines or new ones if you have new starts this year.
Our current lunch box set up for the primary school kids
- A standard lunch box which we can put an ice brick in
- Kids Konserve stainless steel nesting trio
- 4MyEarth Sandwich wrap
- We use the U Konserve 350ml stainless steel thermos when wanting to have soup or use up left overs.
This works well for us as we can:
- add whole pieces of fruit if needed
- the kids can have cut up fruit and veg for brain food
- items can be made the night before and stay fresh
- items can be easily kept separate
- kids know what is for lunch and what is for recess
- they can take single items out as needed
- it can keep food cold
- items don’t get crushed
- and it is waste free
biome ecostores have a huge range of lunch box and lunch box items on sale at the moment, including many of the items I have reviewed above, which is worth checking out if you need new lunch box items.
Some of the links contain affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, making purchases through them helps support this site. Thank you!