My kids love the chocolate balls I make and they are a great quick treat to make for school lunch boxes. I thought I would have a play with tweaking the recipe to give it a bit of nutritional value. While still very much a treat food, adding the chia seeds does give a little Omega-3 boost to their lunch box.
No Bake Lemon and Coconut Balls
- 1 packet Marie biscuits
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon rind
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups of desiccated coconut
1. Place Marie biscuits into a plastic bag (out of the packet) and then crush with a rolling pin.
2. Or if you have a blender, you can stick the biscuits in the blender to crush them.
7. Pour coconut into a shallow bowl.
11. They are kept best in the fridge even once set. Makes 35.
Have you tweaked the standard chocolate ball recipe?lunch box, sweet treats