My 8 year old made these last week, to take with him for a sleep over at his friend’s house at the beach. Chocolate Balls are a great recipe for kids to start cooking with, as they are incredibly simple to make and also very tasty to eat.
They can be a Iittle messy, so I quite often will set up a table outside for the kids to make them on. I am sure that they like this better than making them inside too, as there is less chance of mum catching them eating the mixture!
Chocolate Balls Recipe
- 1 packet Marie biscuits
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1 – 2 tablespoons cocoa
- Approx 2 cups of desiccated coconut (never actually measured how much we use, maybe just start with 1, and then pour more as you need it! Also in the photo above, he actually used shredded coconut, as that was all that we had.)
- Place Marie biscuits into a plastic bag (out of the packet) and then crush with a rolling pin.
- Once to a consistent texture pour into a medium size bowl.
- Add cocoa and stir.
- Pour in condensed milk and combine thoroughly.
- Pour coconut into a shallow bowl.
- Using a tablespoon of mixture, roll into ball then drop into coconut and cover completely.
- Place chocolate ball into a container and continue making balls until you have used all the mixture.
- Place in an airtight container in the fridge until set.
- They are kept best in the fridge even once set.
Do you have a twist on this Chocolate Balls Recipe that you make with success regularly?
Family Menu Plan For The Week
This is what our family is having this week:
Tuesday: Chicken Slice
Wednesday: Left Overs
Sunday: Sausages and Salad
If you like the look of this family menu plan, then you might like to use The Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. With the menu planner you can select your meals for the week and print our your own shopping list.
For more menu planning ideas head on over to Laura’s place at “I’m an Organizing Junkie“.chocolate, lunch box, sweet treats