My kids adored these. They thought they tasted just like my fried rice. I wasn’t sure I would like them cold and while they are even tastier hot, they did taste great cold too.
I made these for school lunches, but they would make a great picnic food or made in mini muffin trays they would be a great finger food for a party.
Chicken and Rice Patties
- 3 cups cooked jasmin rice (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot
- 3 spring onions stalks
- 1 1/3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 200° Celsius.
2. Slice chicken breast in half width ways, so it will cook through quicker.
3. Heat oil in a medium frying pan and cook chicken breast until it begins to brown.
5. Grate carrot so you have at least 1 cup.
6. Finely slice spring onions.
10. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until the tops turn golden brown.
11. Let them sit in the trays for a few minutes before removing to rack to cool. Use a knife to work around the edges of the rice patties to make removing them easier. This recipe made 12 Chicken and Rice Patties.
Our Family Monthly Menu Plan.
Our monthly plan for the week:
Meat and Veg
|Souvlaki||Lamb Chops and Veg|
Baking: Quinoa Balls
|Slow Cooker Butter Chicken||Vegetable Soup||Left Overs||Veggie Pasta||Homemade sushi|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Wishing you a great start to the last school term for 2012!finger food, lunch box