One of my goals for this month was to get more creative with veggies and this quick and easy vegetarian pasta is one of the successful vegetarian recipes I have cooked this month. The other is this very lovely Vegetable Soup.
- 50 grams pine nuts
- 3 carrots
- 3 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic (I personally would add a little more, but the kids wouldn’t be so keen.)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 500 grams curly fettucine pasta
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 75 grams parmesan cheese
5. Boil the water for the pasta.
A lovely reader Katie Rainbird left this note on facebook:
Hi PQ, yum! I love a simple pasta+veg with lots of garlic too!
(just because I’m a nutritionist) I would suggest if you’re serving this as the main meal to add extra nuts or a dollop of cottage cheese or crumbled fetta to each bowl which will oomph up the protein content!
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Meat and Veg
|Marinated Chicken Sticks and Salad||Slow Cooker Roast Beef and Veg|
Baking: Chocolate Scones
|Slow Cooker Satay||Fettucine Carbonara||Pumpkin Soup||Left Overs||Scrambled Eggs|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What’s on your menu plan for this week?