We don’t have lamb chops as often as the kids would like, mainly because with the number of chops they eat each, it ends up becoming quite expensive.
This is a simple recipe for cooking lamb chops with steamed veggies. In summer we will substitute the veggies for salad.
Lamb Chops With Steamed Vegetables
- 18 Lamb Chops (This feeds our family of 7, you may like to reduce this number if your family is smaller.)
- 8 medium potatoes
- 500 grams butternut pumpkin
- 3 large carrots
- 2 cups frozen peas
I have this wonderful double steamer that I received for a wedding present. It makes cooking the veggies for dinner very easy. The veggies in this recipe are cooked via the steamer.
3. Slice carrots. Place water in steamer and bring to the boil.
5. Add potatoes and pumpkin to the steamer, with potatoes on the bottom level.
6. About 5 – 7 minutes later add the carrots and peas to the top of the potatoes and pumpkin.
7. Turn chops and cook for a further 5 -7 minutes depending on how you like them cooked.
Are lamb chops on your menu plan often?Tweet