What I like about mini food is how easy it is to serve to large groups, like kids birthday parties, and how well they double up as food for kids lunch boxes – well not the cheesecakes, but you know what I mean!
You could use any bolognaise sauce with the lasagne, I used my slow cooker bolognaise as a base, added veggies to it and cooked it in a large frying pan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 grams premium beef mince
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 400 grams tin diced tomatoes
- 140 grams tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 – 4 basil leaves
- 1 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 475 grams lasagne sheets
- 100 grams grated tasty cheese
- 50 grams mozzarella
- makes 18
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Peel and grate zucchini and carrots.
3. Finely chop onion and basil.
4. Heat oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
7. Add mince and be sure to break up the mince thoroughly as it cooks.
10. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. The longer the better really if you have time.
11. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
If you had some left over, these would freeze well. I cooked these in advance for a lunch and then reheated them in the microwave. As the outside sheet of pasta is a little crunchy, the lasagnes only soften slightly and they hold together brilliantly even after being microwaved.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Meat and Veg
|Tacos||Lamb Chops and Veg|
Baking: No bake Lemon and Chia Balls
|Slow Cooker Butter Chicken||Pasta Amatriciana||Beetroot Soup||Left Overs||Chicken Balls|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Have you cooked any “mini” food recently?birthdays, finger food, Italian, lunch box, pasta