This post is sponsored by Nuffnang.
My kids love hot dogs, but they are very much something we save for parties and special occasions. A quick look at the ingredient list of cocktail frankfurts and you instantly see too many ingredients! One thing I am learning about eating cleaner, is to look for short ingredient lists on any packaged food I buy.
The kids are now very happy that I have found a substitute for the cocktail frankfurt in Peppercorn’s Extra Lean Beef Chipolatas.
They are a tasty substitute to make a healthier hot dog for the kids’ lunches which they love and I love them because they:
- contain no artificial flavours or colours
- contain no meat substitutes
- are made from fresh ingredients
- have less than 3% saturated fat
For those families that need to have a gluten free lunch, you could drop the bread roll and use either a gluten free substitute or wrap in lettuce as the chipolatas are gluten free. My kids happily eat them on their own.
Having a chipolata as part of the kids lunch box provides a great source of protein which is not only essential for growth and development of their bodies, but it also helps them feel fuller for longer.
We often have sausages on the weekend for dinner, so it is easy to add some chipolatas to the BBQ and have them cooked up and ready to go for lunch boxes Monday morning.
I also love that Peppercorn are an Australian company who have gone from supplying one store in Neutral Bay NSW to supplying Woolworths stores around the country and leading independent IGAs/ independent supermarkets.
As well as chipolatas Peppercorn also make sausages, burgers, meatloaf, all of which are gluten free and made from natural ingredients, including fresh herbs and vegetables.
Peppercorn have an active facebook page sharing great family friendly recipes and healthy food inspiration, so head on over and like their facebook page.
- 10 dinner rolls
- 10 Peppercorn lean beef chipolatas
- Optional: sauces
- Cook sausages on the BBQ or by your preferred method.
- If eating straight away, cut a slit in the middle of the rolls and add the chipolata to the bread roll, add sauce if desired and enjoy.
- If making for lunch boxes, store sausages in an airtight container in the fridge. In the morning cut a slit in the middle of the rolls and add the chipolata to the bread roll, wrap and place in lunchbox. Add a cool brick to the lunch box to keep the lunch box cool.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Week Commencing 14th September
|Sat||Sweet chilli chicken wraps|
|Sun||Sausage and veg
English muffin pizzas
|Mon||Steak and roast tomato salad|
|Tue||Slow cooker butter chicken|
|Wed||Chicken and pumpkin pasta bake|
|Fri||Scrambled eggs and tomatoes|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list for 14th September 2013|
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. You might like to also check out Planning With Kids Menu Planning App.
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.