Making fresh simple salads like this Roasted Tomato Salad, really makes me want to grow my own food. Lovely fresh seasonal flavours, makes for great taste and easy cooking. The problem is though, is I really don’t like gardening!
But I am going to try and I am starting very small with some herbs. I will let you know how I go – my track record on growing things is quite terrible!
Simple Roasted Tomato Salad
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes
- Olive oil spray
- A few handfuls of rocket
- 1 red onion
- 100 grams pine nuts
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 – 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
3. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes – don’t turn them otherwise they lose their shape.
8. In a large bowl add the rocket, red onion and roasted tomato. Tear mint into pieces and add it to the bowl. Add half of the pine nuts. Toss lightly, then add remaining pine nuts to the top of the salad.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week)
Meat and Salad
Baking: No bake Lemon and Chia Balls
|New vegetarian recipe to try.||Baked Penne with Bacon||Veggie Stir Fry*||Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.salad, vegetarian