This dish was a hit at the PWK house. Pumpkin is very popular with the kids. I think it is its sweetness that wins them over!
This dish makes a lot and even for our family we had plenty of left overs. Think about halving the quantities if you only have 1 or 2 kids.
Chicken Pasta Bake
- 1kg butternut pumpkin
- 750 grams penne pasta
- 450 mls thickened cream
- 500 grams chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 grams baby spinach
- 50 grams parmesan cheese grated
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Set up baking tray with baking paper.
4. Add pumpkin to the trays and then brush with olive oil and salt to taste.
5. Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the pumpkin has turned golden and is tender. You don’t want the pumpkin to still be hard as it won’t really cook in the remaining steps any further.
6. While pumpkin is cooking, cut chicken into thin even sized pieces. Heat frying pan onto a medium heat and add oil.
8. Allow chicken to cool for 5 – 10 miutes.
11. Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
12. Heat grill on high.
18. Sprinkle the grated parmesan onto the dishes.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Time for the new bunch of weekly plans for the next month!
You can download the four separately weekly plans and shopping lists here – PWK Monthly Menu Plan June/July.
Meat and Veg
Bulk meal or double batch
|Sausages and Steamed Vegetables||Mexibake||Left |
|Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup||Pumpkin and Spinach Curry||Sushi|
|Baked Penne with Bacon|
Baking: Banana and Oat Muffins
|Sweet Chilli Chicken Wraps||Fried Rice||Left |
|Slow Cooker Tomato Soup||Roast Vegetable Lasagne||Pikelets|
Baking: White Choc Chip Muffins
|Chicken Schnitzel and Veg||Shepherd's Pie||Left |
|Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup||Zucchini and Pasta Slice||Scrambled Eggs|
Baking: Rolled Oat Slice
|Easy Roast Chicken With Stuffing||Pasties||Left |
|New Recipe||Pumpkin Soup||Bacon and Egg tarts|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
How is your menu planning going?chicken, pasta