This tuna snack is a hit with both me and the kids. It has great texture, nice crunch and the sweetness of the apple evens out the tuna taste.
I created this tuna snack when I was doing the Zone challenge – it is a 2 block meal. It holds well over night if you use some lemon on the apple, so great if you have an early start the next day or for school lunches made ahead.
- 57 gms tuna in springwater
- 93 grams red capsicum
- 120 grams celery
- ½ apple
- 6 cashews
- 2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Cut up apple into small pieces. If you are not going to eat the tuna snack straight away, place apple in a medium bowl, add lemon juice and coat the apple.
- Chop up capsicum and celery into small pieces and add to bowl with apple.
- Drain tuna and flake it into the bowl with a fork to break up the tuna chunks.
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl, either pack in an airtight container to take with you or eat straight away.
- I top the tuna snack with chopped cashews, which I add only just before eating so they stay crunchy.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Below is our family menu plan for the week. At the end of the table you will find a shopping list/menu plan combined you can print out and use yourself if you wish!
Week Commencing 20th July
|Slow cooker roast lamb
Special K Biscuits
Oven baked chicken nuggets
|Sausage and veg
|Moroccan minted beef
|Slow Cooker Satay
|Pan Fried Fish and Salad
|Weekly menu plan shopping list 20th July
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What is your go to snack to take with you when you are on the go?