The problem I have had with making my own chicken nuggets before is that they take so long to make with all the individual crumbing etc. So I decided to try something a little different and use natural yogurt for dipping the chicken into.
The great thing about using yogurt in the coating process is that it helps to reduce the fat content, so combined with oven baking (not shallow frying), these nuggets are a much healthier option than other homemade chicken nuggets I have made before.
Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts (approx 1kg)
- 2 cups natural yogurt
- 4 cups bread crumbs
Making these chicken nuggets is seriously easy. The hardest part is cutting up all the chicken!
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. So the chicken cooks all the way through, I wanted the chicken pieces to be thinner. I sliced the chicken breasts in half width wise, then cut the breasts into pieces. Try making the pieces as close to similar size as you can for even cooking.
But before you get your hands dirty, grab another large dish, I used another lasagne style dish and pour the breadcrumbs into it. Place the dish close to the one with the chicken in it.
4. Once you have covered the chicken in yogurt, you can then pick up the chicken, shake off the excess yogurt and place it into the dish with bread crumbs. Once you have transferred all of the chicken, use your hands again to cover chicken in breadcrumbs.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Morning Cook (for us double batch)
Meat and Veg
|Marinated Chicken Sticks and Salad|
Baking: Testing New Recipe
|Slow Cooker Roast Beef||Baked penne with bacon||Left |
|Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup - seriously lovely comfort soup for cold nights!||Marinated Steak and Garlic Mash||Nachos|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
How do you make home made chicken nuggets?chicken, finger food, self serve