I love garlic mash and for me it is definitely one of those winter comfort foods that makes winter bearable! I don’t marinate the kids meat as they prefer their steaks plain and we actually use about 8 steaks now for our family!
Marinated Steak and Garlic Mash Recipe
- 4 large beef steaks
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chilli
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Garlic Mash Potatoes Ingredients:
- 8 – 10 large potatoes
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic
- 30 grams butter
- 4 large carrots
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper to season
2. Using a shallow dish like a lasagne dish, place meat on the bottom and pour marinade over the steaks. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for a minimum of two hours. (I don’t marinate the kids meat I just cook their steak as is.)
5. Reduce heat and cook steak to desired level (I like mine well done so go for about 5 minutes each side.)
7. Combine corn flour and water to make a paste.
8. Pour marinade into frying pan and add corn flour paste. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
9. Serve steak with sauce drizzled on top or the side if you prefer like me!
2. Cube potatoes and place into steamer.
3. Slice carrots and add with peas after 10 minutes.
4. When potatoes are cooked, turn steamer off and place potatoes into a large mixing bowl.
5. Add butter, garlic salt and pepper and mash to a smooth consistency.6. Serve with steak and peas and carrots.
No menu plan this week as the kids and I are still away. You might like to check out the new Planning With Kids Menu Planner App if you are after some meal planning inspiration!
What’s your favourite comfort food?Tweet