Don’t you love it when you make something new and it is (a) easy and (b) the kids come back for seconds???? That is exactly what happened with this slow cooker chicken noodle soup. Now it certainly is on the plain end of chicken noodle soups and I can’t do the chicken carcass thing, so it could be more authentic, but it is on regular rotation for our Monday soup nights this winter. An easy and tasty meal like this which I can prepare in advance is a winner for me!
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 large carrots
- A small bunch of spring onions
- 1 1/2 tbsp parsley
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup soup pasta (or preferred noodles)
- Finely chop carrot and spring onions and place on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cut chicken into small cubes and then place in slow cooker on top of the veggies.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper, then pour stock over the ingredients.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours and then turn to low for another 4 hours. (Obviously you could leave it on high and cook in half the time.)
- About an hour before I want to serve the soup, I give it a stir with a fork and break up any pieces of chicken that may have stuck together.
- 20 minutes before you wish to eat the soup add the pasta and stir it through. Pasta will go quite mushy if you cook it for too long.
The Family Menu Plan For This Week
Baking: Cookie Cutter Biscuits
Monday: Tomato Soup
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Baked Potatoes and Steamed Veggies
Friday: Spaghetti Alla Matriciana
Sunday: Sausages and Steamed Vegetables
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list. Tweet