This recipe is part of a series on Harry Potter Food. Click here to see more.
If you do not want your kids to have a massive sugar surge, look away now! My kids still talk about how delicious this butter beer was and any wonder with how warm and sweet it was.
We made this butter beer to accompany the pumpkin pasties we had on our Harry Potter theme day.
I think it was the first time these beer steins (relics from Melbourne Octoberfests many, many moons ago) had been used in years. The steins really added to the occasion. The kids thought they were fantastic to drink out of.
This butter beer is not something I will make very often, but it is a fun treat for the kids, I know I can whip up easily for future Harry Potter theme days.
- 1.25 litres lemonade
- 100 grams butter
- 1 cup caramel topping
- Chop butter into cubes.
- Place into a saucepan on a low heat and melt.
- Once melted, pour in the caramel topping and increase the heat slightly. Stir gently and make sure the mixture is well combined and reaches a hot temperature without boiling.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Bowl needs to be big enough for the 1.25 litres of lemonade to be poured into, with plenty of additional space as it does fizz up lots!
- Pour into glasses and enjoy while warm.
- If the mixture sits for a bit, make sure you give it a good stir before serving.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Week Commencing 5th October
|Sat||Sausage and Salad|
|Sun||Slow cooker roast beef
Ham and cheese scrolls
|Thu||Quick tuna rice|
|Fri||Fun Friday - Pikelets|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan & shopping list for 5th Oct|
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. You might like to also check out Planning With Kids Menu Planning App.
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Have you made butter beer or the like?