My brother in law in Sydney made this dish for me one time and I really enjoyed it. I have modified it to suit the preferences of the kids and it is a favourite amongst almost all of them. It is a favourite with me because it is so easy and quick to cook!
- Approx 2 cups rice
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, grated
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 x 185 grams Tuna – Tomato and Onion flavour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook rice by preferred method.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Once at a medium heat, place tuna in pan, stirring constantly 1- 2 minutes. Break up any big chunks, so there will be a consistent flavour.
- Add spring onions and cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add capsicum and carrot, cooking for another minute or so.
- Once rice is cooked, add to the pan and combine thoroughly.
- Serve with sweet chilli or soy sauce.
The Family Menu Plan For This Week
Baking: Bought lots of lovely home baked treats from the school fair, so need for me to bake this week.
Monday: Beef Stroganoff
Tuesday: Tomato and Basil Gnocchi
Wednesday: Left Overs.
Thursday: Beef Stir Fry
Friday: Pasta with Chicken and Spinach
Sunday: Sausages and Salad
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.
And for even more menu planning ideas, you can also head on over to “I’m an Organizing Junkie” for Laura’s regular Menu Plan Monday posts.fish, quick meals