Today in Melbourne it is expected to reach 40 °C (104 °F), not really the day to be cooking a roast as I had planned. A quick look in the fridge to see what else I will be able to cook and luckily I had the ingredients for a perfect meal for a hot day – Lamb Souvlaki Wraps!
I have posted the homemade seasoning I use for Lamb Souvlaki before, but not the entire recipe, so thought I would share it today, inspiration if you too are looking for an easy summer recipe.
Lamb Souvlaki Wraps
- 1.25 tablespoons dried oregano
- 0.5 teaspoon sea salt
- 0.5 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 500 – 750 gms lamb strips (we used to only use 500 grams, but that is no longer enough for our family of 7, the kids love them and eat quite a few each.)
- 1 -2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 carrots
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup tztaki
- 1 packet of wraps
- To make the seasoning, simple mix the oregano, salt and pepper together.
- Slice onion.
- Cut up lettuce, tomato, cucumber and capsicum. Grate carrot. Set aside in serving bowls.
- Heat large frying pan and add oil.
- Add onion and fry with garlic until soft.
- Add lamb and brown meat.
- Add homemade souvlaki seasoning and mix into meat. Add lemon juice.
- Heat through. Place meat into serving bowl and place on the table with the precut salad and let every one self serve into heated wraps.
- You could make your own tzatki as well, but I have been buying the pre made dip and using that as a topping sauce.
The Family Menu Plan For This Week
Baking: Lemon Slice
Tuesday: Penne Pasta Bake
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Beef Stir Fry
Friday: Home Made Hamburgers And Salad
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.lamb, self serve