These sweet potato brownies are delicious! As they are egg, dairy and gluten free, it is a handy recipe to have up your sleeve to cater for those with allergies.
I used a food processor to make this recipe – thanks so much to my thoughtful mother in law who bought me one for my birthday this year! I have been able to make many recipes which I could not have done so previously without it.
The recipe requires both almond flour and whole almonds. The whole almonds give a nice little crunch and great texture for the brownie.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 250 grams raw almonds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 15 pitted dates
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- In a food processor blend dates and almonds
- Add all other ingredients.
- Blend for a minute. Scrape down from sides and blend again for about 30 seconds.
- Scoop out carefully into a lined tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to sit in tray for 30 minutes. Then remove to rack. Wait until completely cool before cutting.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Week Commencing 8th June
|Sun||Chicken Wings, Baked Potatoes and Corn
Choc Chip Muffins
|Mon||Pan Fried Fish and Salad|
|Tue||Spaghetti and Zucchini Bolognese|
|Wed||Slow Cooker Satay|
|Thu||Marinated Steak and Garlic Mash|
|Fri||Sausage and veg|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list for 8th June 2013|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Have you tried a Sweet Potato Brownie before?