For a Christmas a couple of years ago, I made bags of Christmas popcorn for the kids to give their buddies as a little gift at the end of the year. It was a hit with the buddies and my kids.
- 330 grams white chocolate
- 80 grams popcorn kernels
- 300 grams mini eggs
- Pop popcorn by your preferred method. I use an air popcorn machine.
- Break up white chocolate and add half of it to a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high for 30 seconds, stir, then 15 second bursts after that until completely melted.
- Pour half the melted chocolate onto the popcorn and gently stir.
- Add the mini eggs and stir gently again.
- Melt the remaining chocolate as you did with the first batch and add to the popcorn mixture.
- Stir gently and once mixed, pour onto a tray lined with baking paper and spread out evenly. You need to give some of the eggs a little nudge to make sure they are spaced evenly through out the tray.
- Let the popcorn mix set. I needed mine to set in a hurry so popped it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Break up into pieces and place in plastic bags.
- Add a ribbon and you have your pretty Christmas treat to give to friends. This made 20 small bags of Easter Popcorn.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
As the weather gets cooler, some more winter warmer type recipes are appearing on our menu plan.
Week Commencing 15th March
|Sat||Sang choy bow|
|Sun||Chicken sticks and salad
|Tue|| ||Beef Stir Fry with Green veggies|
|Wed||Slow Cooker Satay|
|Thu||Marinated steak and garlic mash|
|Fri||Sweet potato hash, eggs and avocado (need to multiply quantities)|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 15th March 2014|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Do you make any food gifts as Easter presents?