This is a very easy recipe to make and I find it is a winner with the kids. The fact the kids like this dish, I think is directly linked to the inclusion of honey as one of the ingredients! This beef stir fry recipe is also very flexible, you can add what ever veggies you have in the fridge and if your kids tolerate more spices, you can add fresh coriander and ginger or even some fresh chillies! (You will see in the photo above there was no snow peas, during school holidays I find it hard to keep a enough fruit it the house, so the kids had been snacking on snow peas!)
Easy Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- 500 Gram Beef Strips
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Oil Olive
- 8 Spring Onions, sliced thinly
- 20 Medium Snow Peas, ends cut if needed
- 2 Medium Carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 Medium Capsicum Red, sliced thinly
- 4 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Flour
- 125 Mls Beef Stock
- 1 Kilogram Noodles Fresh Singapore or Steamed Rice
- small amount of sesame seeds
- If you are having rice, prepare as per preferred method.
- Heat oil in wok or frying pan.
- Add beef and brown stirring frequently.
- While beef is browning, mix corn flour with a small amount of cold water and mix to a watery paste. Add this to combined beef stock, soy sauce and honey and set aside.
- Add garlic and chilli and stir for about a minute.
- Add all vegetables with the exception of the spring onions and stir fry for a minute or so.
- If we are having with Noodles, I will begin soaking then in some boiling water.
- Add the stock mixture, ¾ of the spring onions and then stir until the sauce thickens.
- Drain noodles and add then to the stir fry along with the sesame seeds. Combine well.
- Serve onto dishes and enjoy!
The Family Menu Plan For This Week
With warmer weather forecast for this week, we will try and eat our evening meals outside a few nights. It makes tidying up so much easier when we eat outside!
Baking: Going to try a new cookie recipe!
Monday: Baked Penne Pasta (Carried over from last week.)
Tuesday: Pumpkin Soup
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Chicken Lasagne
Friday: Pan Fried Fish With Salad
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. All of these recipes are in the database of the Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. You can use the menu planner to plan a week of meals for your family and then print out the associated shopping list.asian, beef