I have been playing around for a while to come up with a healthier version of my basic muffin recipe. The kids love them, they are easy to make but they do have 3/4 cup of caster sugar in them!
After a number of attempts which received the thumbs down from the kids, I have come up with a recipe that I am happy with and the kids are happy with.
They are certainly a lot less sweeter than what they are used too, but I am working on adjusting their taste buds, so this is a step in the right direction. If your kids are still used to things quite sweet you could increase the rice malt syrup in the mix to make the change more gradual and work back from there.
They are a lovely moist muffin.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- In a medium bowl or jug add eggs and whisk.
- Mash the banana and add it to the eggs.
- Add to the eggs the Coco Quench, rice malt syrup, salt, coconut oil and vanilla, then whisk until well combined.
- Sift coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and cacao powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, then pour the egg mixture into the well. Using a wooden spoon, fold the ingredients to combine. (Do not freak out about the difference between the volume of the wet ingredients to the dry.)
- Spoon mixture into cupcake cups (or lined muffins trays) and bake for about 18 - 20 minutes.
- Muffins will spring back when you press lightly down on them when they are ready.
- Makes 10 - 12
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Making life a bit easier for myself this week with lots of simple recipes I can prepare ahead.
Week Commencing 24th May
|Sun||Slow cooker roast lamb
|Mon||Creamy Chicken and Tomato Stew Recipe
|Tue||Slow cooker chicken noodle soup|
|Wed||Sausage and veg|
|Thu||Slow cooker risotto
|Fri||Sweet potato hash, eggs and avocado (triple quantities)|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 140524|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What is on your menu plan this week?