This recipe is part of a series on Harry Potter Food. Click here to see more.
- 1 packet Werther’s Originals Chocolate Caramels
- 10 pecan halves
- 100 grams milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 50 degrees celsius.
- Split the pecans so they are like a thin strip and set them aside.
- Break up the chocolate and place it into a microwave safe bowl. Set aside.
- Place the Werthers onto a lined baking tray. Make sure you leave space between each one.
- Place them in the oven for about 2 minutes, so they soften but not melt. Do keep a very close eye on them. You don’t want them to melt too much like some of mine did!
- Place a pecan strip onto the middle of each of the Werthers. Press down lightly to help create the cockroach like shape.
- Place the tray into the freezer so they can harden.
- Once you have checked and they are hard, keep them in the freezer and melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- To melt the chocolate, heat on high for 1 minute. Stir. If not fully melted, continue this process for 15 second bursts until it is all melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove the tray from the freezer. Pour a small amount of chocolate over each of the Werthers. Aim to have the chocolate drizzle down from the middle and allow a little bit extra at one end, which will become the antennae.
- Do only a few at a time, then use a toothpick to roughly shape out the antennae. Once you have covered all of them, place them back in the fridge or freezer to let them set.
- Enjoy your cockroaches!
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Week Commencing 11th October
|Sat||Sausage and Salad|
Lunch Box Egg and Bacon Muffins
Gluten Free Banana Bread
|Mon||Slow cooker balsamic beef with pumpkin salad|
|Tue||Spaghetti and Zucchini Bolognese|
|Wed||Slow cooker chicken noodle soup|
|Thu||Quick tuna rice|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 131012|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.