I don’t love cauliflower. I will happily eat it as cauliflower rice, but that is about it. I can however add to eating it as a soup now though. With spices and coconut cream, this soup is delicious and makes a great light lunch or starter for an evening meal.
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 440 mls coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Finely chop the onion and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and add to the bowl.
- Crush the garlic over the cauliflower.
- Add the coconut oil and cumin to the cauliflower and mix well.
- Place the cauliflower onto a lined tray and roast for 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. You can test this with a skewer.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and place it into a stock pot.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Put on a lid and then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup using an either a stick blender or a food processor.
- Pour the soup back into the stock pot, add coconut cream and salt and pepper. On a low heat, warm the soup to a temperature ready for serving.
Our family menu plan for the week
Week Commencing 12th Sep 2016
|Mon||Chicken, cashew and ginger stir fry|
|Tue||Slow cooker chicken satay (gluten free)
|Wed||Sausages, veg and crispy mashed potato mounds|
|Fri||Dukkah crusted salmon with crunchy potatoes and garlic spinach|
|Sat||Tacos with homemade seasoning|
|Sun||Roast chicken and vegetables|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 16012
More family friendly recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.