I am a little bit obsessed with the “salted caramel” flavour. While this recipe doesn’t have the traditional ingredients, I think it still pulls off a great salted caramel flavour.
The serving sizes in the photos are small as I wanted to take samples along for my book group to try out for me. Everyone enjoyed it and felt this size was just enough anyway.
This would be a perfect dessert to make when you want to make something in advance. You could make these up to about 48 hours in advance and keep in the fridge.
You need a food processor or like appliance to make this treat.
I served this recipe in little jars, but you could make just one big serve if you wanted.
For those of us in the southern hemisphere, now is the time to make sure you have at least one tin of coconut cream in the fridge at all times. In the warm weather the entire contents turns to liquid and this is not what you need for most recipes that ask for coconut cream.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 440 mls coconut cream
- Add the cashews, dates, vanilla and salt to the food processor. Pulse for a couple of minutes until the mixture is sticky. If you squeeze it with your hands, you should feel the oils of the cashews.
- Add the coconut cream and pulse again for about 30 seconds until well combined.
- Spoon into 8 small jars and place in the fridge to set. It will need to set for at least 4 hours, but they could be made up and allowed to set overnight.
Our family menu plan for the week
To help me save some time this weekend, I am recycling a menu plan from February this year. This is the beauty of keeping past menu plans, you can use them again and again and again.
Week Commencing 26th Oct
|Mon||Slow cooker beef stroganoff|
|Wed||Pan fried chicken and salad|
|Thu||Sausages and crispy mashed potato mounds|
|Fri||Gluten free meatballs|
|Sat||Chicken schnitzel and salad|
|Sun||Slow cooker shredded beef and rocket salad
More family friendly recipes
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a regular basis. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.