When I tell my sisters that I not only eat this Choc Avocado Mousse but that I adore it, they find it quite hysterical. I have spent the most part of my adult life avoiding eating avocados.
It is another of the new foods for me that I am enjoying. Not only will I eat avocado hidden in this chocolate mousse, but will have it with my eggs at breakfast. I am particularly enjoying it smashed with some homemade dukkah on top!
- 1 large avocado
- 1 - 2 tbsp cacao powder (depending on how chocolately you like your mousse)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 25 mls (1/8 cup) water
- Halve, deseed and scoop out avocado into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Using either an electric beater or fork, blend the avocado until smooth.
- Add the cacao powder, protein powder and water.
- Beat again for 2 minutes with an electric beater or give your arms some exercise and whip up with a fork for about 4 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy!
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week
Pressed for time this week, I have recycled a menu plan from back in August! This is one of the benefits of menu planning, you can reuse them easily to save yourself time when needed.
Week Commencing 26th October 2013
Chicken Wings, Baked Potatoes and Corn
|Chicken wings, baked potatoes and steamed corn
Left over mince recipe - taco puffs
Oat and seed lunchbox slice
|Mon||Slow cooker balsamic beef with pumpkin salad|
|Wed||Chicken stir fry|
|Thu||Sausage and veg|
|Shopping List||Weekly menu plan shopping list 26th October 2013|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Would love to hear creative ways you use avocado! Feel free to link to any recipes in the comments below.