The kids really liked this slice, but the added bonus was I loved it too! I had it as a snack for morning tea on a number of days. It makes a big batch and keeps well in an airtight container as it is quite a moist slice.
It is based on the rolled oat slice I posted back in 2010, but I have experimented by adding some seeds to it.
Oat and Seed Lunchbox Slice
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cups chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 cups self raising wholemeal flour
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 250 grams butter
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to a low-med temperature (approx 160).
9. Allow slice to sit for 10 minutes before removing from tray and placing on cooling rack.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Meat and Veg
|Tacos||Chicken Wings, Baked Potatoes and Corn on the cob|
Baking: Strawberry Yogurt Cupcakes
|New soup recipe to test||Pasta Amatriciana||Left |
|Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolgnese||Scrambled Eggs|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
Have you been experimenting with your cooking lately?lunch box