As I was making this for school lunches, I didn’t make the glaze and it still tasted great. Like the Chocolate Zucchini cake, the Lemon Zucchini Cake was very moist, but unlike its chocolate cousin, this cake did not make a large cake. It actually only made it for two days of lunches.
Lemon Zucchini Cake
- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk or buttermilk substitute (see instructions below)
- 1 lemon
- 1 ½ zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
2. Line a loaf pan 9″ × 5″with baking paper.
3. If like me, you do not have buttermilk on hand, you can make a substitute. Use just under a half a cup of milk and add half a tablespoon of lemon to it (you can also ue vinegar apparently). Let it sit for at least five minutes before using it.
8. Add canola oil and sugar to the eggs and beat again for a minute.
9. Add the buttermilk or buttermilk substitute, lemon juice, and lemon zest and beat again.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week (a little late!)
Meat and Salad
|Souvlaki||Marinated Chicken Sticks and Salad|
Baking: Weet Bix Slice
|New vegetarian recipe to try.||Slow Cooker Bolognaise||Rice Paper Rolls with Salad*||Slow Cooker Mexican|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What have you been cooking lately, that you would recommend for school lunches?cake, lunch box, sweet treats