This Chocolate Zucchini Cake is amazing! Delightfully moist and deliciously chocolately! I adored it and so did 3 of the 5 kids. The other two wouldn’t go near it which was disappointing. But I will definitely make it again and just make sure I bake something else that week so the kids have a choice.
I loved it with a cup of tea for a morning snack!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 113 grams butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3 cups grated zucchini (about one large zucchini)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Line a 25cm spring form tin with baking paper.
4. Using an electric beater, beat for a couple of minutes until the mixture is light and smooth.
6. Once the egg is well mixed, add the second egg and beat again.
10. Pour batter into the cake tin.
11. Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes. Test with a skewer in the centre of the cake to check if it is done.
12. Allow the cake to sit in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from here.
Our Family Menu Plan For This Week.
Meat and Veg
|Chicken Wings, Baked Potatoes and Corn||Roast Chicken and Veg|
Baking: Quinoa Snack Balls
|Slow Cooker Risotto||Pasta with Chicken and Spinach||Left Overs||Rice Paper Rolls|
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
So recently I have cooked with chocolate and beetroot and now chocolate and zucchini – what veggies have you mixed in a choc muffin or cake?lunch box, sweet treats