Before I proceed with this post I want to recommend you read this post first – Why I don’t consider myself a parenting expert where I write amongst other things:
I often share stories or tips about parenting both in my newsletters and on the blog, but not for one minute do I consider myself a parenting expert. I do consider myself an experienced parent – I have five kids the oldest of which is now 18 so I have been at this parenting game for a while and by the nature of having a larger family, I have repeated similar stages of parenting many times over.
So when you read any of these posts on parenting below, please know that I am offering up my experience and what has worked for our family. I am not a parenting expert, GP, psychologist or counsellor.
I do find that I learn so much from other parents though, so I am happy to offer up my learnings, my mistakes and the strategies that have worked for us. Hopefully there will something you can take away that will help you with the stage or age that you are currently at with your kids.
Parenting tips by age
There are definitely some ages with kids where their behaviour is more challenging than others. Here are some ages that we have found challenging:
- Characteristics of Two (and a half) Year Old Behaviour
- Characteristics of Three (and a half) Year Old Behaviour
- Characteristics of Four (and a half) Year Old Behaviour
- 10 Strategies To Gain Co-Operation From A Toddler
Parenting tips by stage
There are some stages that require more from parents than others, here are some that we found required more of us:
- 10 Tips For Coping With A New Baby
- School Starting Age – Our Personal Experience
- Establishing school routines for kids
- 7 tips for new school mums
- Getting ready for year 7
- 7 tips for first time year 7 parents
- 10 Things I Have Learnt About Year 7 And Year 7 Boys This Year
- Parenting teenagers series
- What To Expect When You Are Expecting An Adolescent
- Kids fighting and what to do about it
General parenting tips
These remaining posts include some of the most popular parenting posts on the blog:
- Discipline Strategies
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviour in Kids
- Alternative To Time Out
- How Do You Discipline Children?
- When Is A Tantrum, Not A Tantrum?
- Tips to avoid being frustrated with the kids
- Role modelling the behaviour you want in your kids
- Nurture rather than nag
- Strategies I use to stop myself from yelling at the kids