This recipe is super easy to make, tastes delish and makes a huge amount so is a perfect side to make when entertaining or you want some leftovers in the fridge. You can cook this on the stove top, but I love the ease of cooking it in the rice cooker.
- 3 ¼ cups basmati rice (traditional to use Jasmine but I prefer basmati)
- 4 cups cold water
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 3cm piece ginger
- Peel and slice the ginger into strips. The ginger is removed at the end, so don’t make the pieces to small.
- In a large jug mix the can of coconut cream and water. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Add rice to the rice cooker, pour in the coconut liquid and gently stir. Add the ginger and cook.
- Once ready fluff with a fork and serve with your favourite Asian meal.
Family Friendly Recipes
If you are looking for further recipe inspiration, check out my complete list of Family Friendly Recipes. You might like to also check out Planning With Kids Menu Planning App.
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.
What’s your favourite recipe for the rice cooker?