This is part of a series of recipes making lovely raw sweet treats inspired by the delightful Larabars. While they are made from whole foods, they are still a sweet treat and as such should be consumed in moderation! You can find all the posts by clicking here.
These raw chocolate coconut bars are a delicious choc flavoured treat. Made from simple ingredients, you can make it in batches to keep them in the freezer for those emergency times when you need something sweet. They are inspired by the Chocolate coconut chew Larabars.
- 2 cups dates
- 1 cup Pureharvest organic almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Add dates and nuts to the food processor and blend. Blend for a few minutes, scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Add the coconut and cacao powder and pulse again until the mixture is soft and sticks together.
- Do not over process though, as you will end up mixture that is too runny.
- Press into a lined tin and allow to set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Once set use a sharp knife to cut into bars. They will be soft still, but should easily form bars when you cut them.
- Best stored in the fridge and they also store well in the freezer. Makes 12.