While I made this Beef Casserole in the slow cooker, you could easily follow the steps and cook it in the oven for two of hours at around 160 degrees Celsius. It is a great basic casserole, that you can add and vary depending on what your preferred veg are and what you have in the house you might like to use up.
I used the Rich Beef Casserole recipe from Sally Wise’s Slow Cooker cook book as a base for this recipe.
Slow Cooker Beef Casserole
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 kg beef diced (I had an excess of beef strips so actually used those instead this time.)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chutney
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
5. Stir so meat still remains at the bottom, but the sauces etc mix through.
6. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
The kid friendly menu planning app allows you to:
- Create weekly menu plans quickly, choosing as many meals per day as you would like to plan for.
- Generate the shopping list for all the meals selected.
- Modify the shopping list to check off items you already have at home.
- Email the shopping list to yourself and/or others.
The most popular recipes from the blog have been included and more will be added on a weekly basis. The app will notify you when new recipes have been added, so you will be able to deliver plenty of variety in your family’s menu plans. Each recipe lists the ingredients required, easy to follow instructions and a photo from the blog.Tweet