This post is part of my Christmas planning series. You can find the rest of the series here.
Here are my Christmas theme ideas collection for 2022. Christmas themes can be a great way to help you plan our your Christmas:
- It aides decision making process, in relation to things like cards, decorations, wrappings etc
- It helps simplify what Christmas accessories you will go with
- It allows for simple and coordinated look for Christmas celebrations
- It adds to the memory – it was the gold Christmas etc!!!
The intent of curating these theme ideas is not to get you out to the shops buying more stuff but to give you ideas of what you can do with what you already have. You might not use a theme idea in its entirety but use the table setting idea from one and the wreath idea from another for example – it is really an inspiration board style post.
We are going with a pink and red Christmas theme this year. We already have a pink Christmas tree and red decorations so one large part of it is all sorted!
I have been curating Christmas theme ideas for many years now so have a big archive of ideas if you find these themes don’t resonate with you. You can find previous years’ Christmas theme ideas here:
- Christmas theme ideas 2020 – Pantone Colour for 2020 – Classic Blue, Wood, Flora
- Christmas theme ideas 2018 – Ultra Violet, Stripes, Rose Gold
- Christmas Theme Ideas 2017 – Greenery, Recycled and Polka Dots.
- Christmas Theme Ideas 2016 – Kraft, White and Metal.
- Christmas Theme Ideas 2015 – Upcycled, Metallic and Neon themes.
- Christmas Theme Ideas 2014 – Red and Silver, Star and Chevron themes.
- Christmas Theme Ideas 2013 – Red, green and gold, yellow and recycled themes.
- Christmas Theme Ideas 2012 – Blue and white, Paper and Bird themes.
- Christmas Theme Ideas 2011 – Black and White, Peppermint Candy and Eco Friendly themes.
- Christmas Theme Ideas 2010 – Natural, Blue and Silver, Red and White themes.
- Christmas Theme Ideas 2009 – Non Traditional Bright Colours, Natural, Red, Green and Silver themes.
Pantone Colour of the Year – Very Peri Christmas Theme Idea 2022
Very Peri was the Pantone colour of the year for 2022 and you can see how they described the colour below – a beautiful sentiment.
Displaying a carefree confidence and a daring curiosity that animates our creative spirit, inquisitive and intriguing PANTONE 17-3938 Very Peri helps us to embrace this altered landscape of possibilities, opening us up to a new vision as we rewrite our lives. Rekindling gratitude for some of the qualities that blue represents complemented by a new perspective that resonates today, PANTONE 17-3938 Very Peri places the future ahead in a new light.
Handmade soy taper candles – these taper style candles are right on trend at the moment and they come in a beautiful set of 3.
Paper lanterns – can make a great addition if you have high ceilings or you can hang them between trees if you are having Christmas lunch outside.
Table setting – I love this clever use of glass and dinnerware to create a beautiful and simple Christmas table setting.
Australian Christmas Theme Idea 2022
Australian Christmas Wreath – this beautiful wreath is made from artificial leaves and flowers but of course you could make one yourself from Australian trees and bushes that you have access to near you.
Australian Animals Christmas Decorations – these super cute decorations are made from felt and wool and are handmade in Australia.
Eucalyptus Leaves Christmas Decorations – these beautiful leaves can be used as a decoration on your Christmas tree, add them to gifts or scatter them on the table as decor. These multipurpose decorations are in the shape of Eucalyptus leaves and also have a whole in the stem for adding a string. There is a score line running down the middle of the leaves so that you can fold the leaves to create a realistic look.
Eclectic Creative has a gorgeous post showcasing the Australian themed table setting she created one year for Christmas. It has so many beautiful little touches that don’t require purchasing anything new like handmade biscuits and leaf place cards.
Nativity Christmas Theme Idea 2022
Nativity block set – this nativity set is handmade in Yeppoon, Queensland and doubles as a play activity for the kids as well as a very cute Christmas decoration.
DIY Paper Star Christmas Ornaments – this is a great Youtube tutorial on how you can make your own stars. You need square paper to make them but it can be any size and it can be a great way to repurpose any paper you have in the home.
Nativity advent calendar – you can purchase this from a small business based in Tasmania. They actually stock a whole range of non chocolate advent calendars.
Papercut nativity scene wall hanging – the instructions for this cute DIY Christmas decoration are behind a pay wall but you can get a great idea of how to put it together from the beautiful photos on the blog.
Nativity candle setting – this simple candle set will make a beautiful table decoration for Christmas Day.
Do you choose Christmas theme for the year?
Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, making purchases through them helps support this site. Thank you!