This recipe has the additional bonus of being able to make the chicken mixture the night before. If you have an early start the next day, you can just put the sandwiches together quickly.
Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Recipe type: finger food
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups rocket lettuce leaves
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 2 loaves of bread
- Dice chicken into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook chicken until golden brown. I like it to have a lot of brown as I prefer the flavour this way.
- Place chicken in medium size mixing bowl
- Shred rocket and add to mixing bowl.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add mayonnaise mix to the chicken and blend in.
- Mixture can be used straight away or refrigerated over night.
- Butter bread lightly and spoon mixture on to the bread. Place second piece of bread on top.
- Press lightly on the sandwich and cut crusts off all sides.
- Cut sandwiches in half and place on serving dish.
- If you are not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate.