If you subscribe to my weekly newsletter you will already be aware of this. Thank you so much to everyone who has already supported the campaign. I have been so amazed by the response so far and I have loved receiving so many kind messages of support. Knowing so many people are already supporting my campaign and reading all the encouraging words has really helped ease my nerves – thank you very much!
If you didn’t read yesterday’s newsletter, I have just launched an exciting new project. At the end of 2012 I launched a lunch box calendar for 2013. The idea I had was right, but due to budget limitations, the calendar was lacking key functionality – a proper family planning section.
I have been pondering the idea for some time and really wanted to deliver a great product that was useful to families in terms of planning, but also helpful to families in terms of making the lunch box process easier.
To this end, I have just launched a Pozible campaign to help me produce a Family planner lunch box calendar for 2015.
What is Pozible?
If you are not familiar with Pozible, it allows people to pledge support to a campaign so you can raise funds to get it up and going. In return I offer various rewards depending on how much you pledge.
Basically what I am endeavouring to do is to have people to pledge to pay for a calendar (which is the reward for pledging) so I can finance a print run of 1000 calendars. It is effectively just like a pre-order and you will receive the calendar in December.
For example, for the $50 reward for pledging $50, if the campaign is successful you receive two calendars + the e-book containing all of the recipes featured on the calendar.
The mechanics of the Pozible campaign works like this:
- My campaign page is here and you can check out my rewards pozible.com/lunchbox
- If you like what you see, you pledge to support the campaign for the reward that suits you.
- You put in your payment details, but no actual payment is taken at that time. (A bit like a hotel taking a swipe of your credit card.)
- Pozible is all or nothing funding, so I only receive funds if I raise the $13k at the end of the campaign date. If I don’t raise the funds, you don’t pay anything and I don’t have to send you your rewards. If the campaign is successful, your credit card will be charged and I will send you the appropriate reward by the date noted.
- The campaign is currently private, so only those with this link pozible.com/lunchbox can access it. Tomorrow I will switch the campaign to public.
The rewards have limited quantities, some have only a few of each reward, so I wanted readers of Planning With Kids to be amongst the first to take up the rewards if they are keen. It will be 24 hours until I switch the campaign to public, so it might be a good idea to get in before then .
So if you like what you see I would love it if you could support the campaign by pledging. It would also be super helpful if you could share the link pozible.com/lunchbox with friends who you think might like it.
Any questions please let me know! Thanks in advance for you support. Nic