Towards the end of 2008 my monthly reviews stopped as the busyness of Christmas and end of school year caught up with me. I will aim (my first goal!!) to be more consistent with my monthly reviews this year.
Familys Goals for 2009
Before I go on to the goals for January, I wanted to list (in no particular order) the over all key goals I have for our family in 2009:
- Smooth transition adding our newest family member.
- Ensure Possum’s first school year is a positive experience.
- Complete my “Special Project”.
- Encourage further (age appropriate) independence in my children.
- Maintain my health and fitness.
- Support Mr I’s chosen sporting events, so he can maintain his health and fitness.
- See at least one live music event a quarter.
- Adhere to the family budget.
- Achieve a balance of fun and learning activities for the children.
- To grow this blog to become a greater resource for families.
Key Tasks for January
Given that we are a third of the way through this month already, I have actually completed a number of these already:
- Pack up Christmas decorations.
- Retrieve baby items from attic and wash up baby clothes.
- Ensure back to school preparations are completed by mid January.
- Menu plan for the next couple of months in advance.
- Have fun with the kids over the holidays, incorporating their choices of activities.
- Pre-write and schedule posts for late January and early February.
- See a movie before the baby is born.
- Have and enjoy our new baby!