The first two episodes have looked at setting up some organisational foundations for you and your family. This requires work on the part of all family members. It is important to use positive feedback to encourage the family to stick to the path and really establish the routines that will make family life easier.
In this episode I talk about:
- the power of feedback and how it can be a useful tool for family harmony
- the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivators
- pocket money and household tasks
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Extrinsic vs. Intrinsic Motivation: What’s the Difference?
- Family contribution schedule – how we work out who does what jobs in our house
- Pocket money and kids
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- on Spotify via any device you usually listen to Spotify
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!