I love this episode as it is me chatting to one of my best friends in the whole wide world Cath! Cath and I grew up together so have know each other pretty much all of our lives. It is a friendship that I adore and cherish.
The reason why I thought Cath would make a great guest on the podcast, (other than she is one of the best people I know), is that Cath has tried pretty much every work and family combo you can think of.
Cath has worked part time at home, part time outside of the home, she has worked full time and this year has chosen to take a career break to allow her to best manage an increased workload with the family. Her daughter has played a leading role in a musical for most of this year. Cath acknowledges that she is in a privileged position to be able to make this choice, but talks about how it wasn’t any easy decision for her to make.
In the podcast she also shares:
- Benefits of having kids close together and then with a bigger age gap
- Why her and her partner swapped roles for a year
- What changes they made when both parents were working full time
- How they managed school holidays when both working full time (including buying extra leave
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel
- Children are people too – now called Parental Guidance Recommended by Dr Louise Porter
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Up the Duff by Kaz Cooke
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Connect with us: Twitter | Facebook | IG
Subscribe to the show: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!