Well this was a super fun interview to do! It is with my lovely husband Phil. To end season 1 of this family life, I wanted to provide a male perspective on family life, from someone who is involved and contributes to organising and planning for the family. I didn’t have to look far as over the years Phil and I have worked hard to ensure we work together as a team to keep family life organised and harmonious as possible.
It was funny to ask questions that I thought I knew the answers to, but Phil has his own ideas on how we run, so I learnt a little more about us as we talked.
Phil shares his side of things on how our family works and some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up:
- Tips on getting more hands on as a dad
- Managing weekend sporting activities with multiple kids
- Why he now enjoys (for short spells) the opportunity to parent on his own when I travel for work
- Making time to spend on activities outside the home
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
- Book Review – Yes, Your Teen is Crazy!: Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind
- Role Reversal Experience – Mr Infrastructure
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Listening to podcasts
If you have never listened to a podcast, don’t worry it is simple and there are a number of ways you can do it. I wrote a detailed post with screen shots that you can find here – How to listen to podcasts, or you can follow the brief instructions below:
- on iPhone/iPad/iPod – it automatically has the Podcast app downloaded on the iOS devices. Look for it on your device, open it up and search for this family life. Once you have found it click subscribe and from that point on all new episodes of the podcast will be automatically updated for you.
- on Android – there are a number of apps you can install to listen to podcasts on your Android phone. Podcast and Radio Addict is free and will keep you updated once subscribed.
- on computer – you can find the podcast here on iTunes and listen directly on your computer.
- the player below! – you can always hit play on the player below and listen directly.
I would love your feedback on the podcast and if you enjoyed it, it would be tremendously helpful if you left a review on iTunes. Leaving a review makes it easier for others to find the podcast and hear the amazing wisdom these parents have to share.
Thanks so much for listening!