Disclaimer: This post is contributed by Planning With Kids partner Pureharvest.
Gluten free and with no cane sugar, this recipe is an excellent healthier version of the traditional cake pops. These delicious treats are perfect for birthday parties and are sure to be a hit with the kids and adults alike!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs and mix well. Next add the melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Spoon mixture into a cake pop tin and bake in the oven for approximately 18 minutes.
- For the icing, melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler until smooth. Once melted pour into a large cup (make sure there is enough to submerge each cake ball).
- Dip the cake balls into the chocolate and let any excess chocolate drip off. Sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired.
- Place the cake pops gently on a plate and place in the fridge to set.
More great recipes like this on the Pureharvest blog: