This post is part of my 10 Week Christmas Planning Series. Click here to read more posts – Christmas Planning 2013.
As we have been discussing saving money this Christmas, this year’s list of gift ideas only contains ideas for under $30! Feel free to add your ideas in the comments at the end, would love to add this list!
Even if kids currently have headphones, if they are anything like my kids, they will soon enough need a new pair. Kids tend to be pretty hard on headphones. Click on the links below to find out more info about them.
- One Direction Snapcaps on ear headphone – $23.97 Official One Direction Signature Series. They have seven interchangeable snap caps to personalise the headphones.
- Aerial7 Apex Del Mar Headphones – $24.99. My boys (14 and 12) prefer the earbuds. These ones come with Built In Microphone and 4 Different Ear Gel Sizes.
- Marley Smile Jamaica Lily In Ear Headphones – $29.95. Comes with a storage case.
- Sennheiser MX365 In Ear Headphones – $29. According to the description they have “High-performance Dynamic Driver Systems For A Powerful Bass-driven Stereo Sound”!
Old school toys
I remember loving these things as a kid! All of these products are able to be bought from Hard To Find. Hard To Find has a fantastic range of gifts for all ages and they offer free shipping in Australia and free gift wrapping on most products – perfect if you need to send the gift to someone interstate. Click on the links under the photo to read more about these toys.
From left to right:
- Ridleys kaleidoscope – Springy – $14.95
- Coloured elastics – playground game – $15.00
- Ridleys magic – Magic kit (5 Tricks) – $19.95
- Fabulous tales dolls theatre – $29.95
A Christmas tradition we have at our house is that the kids all buy each other a book for Christmas. It works well so we have plenty of summer reading! I have recommended some favourites of my kids at the moment. Click on the links below to read more about the books.
- Don’t Call Me Ishmael! by Michael Gerard Bauer – $19.95. Both our 14 and 12 year old sons love this series of books.
- Horrible Harriet by Leigh Hobbs – $24.95. Our 9 year old daughter has just started this series and has found the first book a great read.
- Skylanders Giants: Official Strategy Guide – $18. Master 7 is a massive Skylanders fan. He has this Strategy Guide and will spend hours pouring over it and reading all the tips and hints.
- Grug: Another Favourites Collection by Ted Prior – $18. Our preschooler adores Grug and I love reading them to him. This set includes 10 Grug books
Something to do
I love it when the kids get gifts that not only do they love, but that help keep them quietly occupied! These are some things my kids love at the moment. Click on the links below to see where they are sourced.
From left to right:
- Usborne Activities: Summer Sticker Book – $12.99. The preschooler is sticker obsessed at the moment. This also makes a great activity for when traveling in the car for holidays.
- Gift card box for girls – $25.95. Our daughter loves to draw, colour and make her own cards. This cute kit would be the perfect gift for her!
- Trainer Leather Cricket Ball – $19.99. We have a couple tied to our clothes line and it is a great way for the boys to practice the cricket without smashing the windows!
- Rubik’s 5X5 Cube – $20.99 (plus postage). The super tricky version of the Rubik’s cube would be a great challenge for older kids.
Christmas Gift Ideas For Kids
In last week’s email newsletter (you can subscribe here if you aren’t already on the list!)I shared past posts I have written a number on gift ideas which I have also listed below for inspiration if you are after further ideas for presents for kids. Some of these ones will be over $30 though, but most are still in this price range.
10 Practical Christmas Presents For Children
Simple and practical ideas for kids who already have enough toys! Click here to read the list.
10 Christmas Gift Ideas For Kids
Christmas Gift Ideas For Kids gifts that are not ordinarily seen in the top gifts for kids list. They are a little more creative than commercial. Click here to read the list.
Gift Ideas For Kids You Can Put Together Yourself
I did originally write this post with birthdays in mind, but they could easily be Christmas presents as well – 3 simple and inexpensive ideas you can put together yourself to make a unique gift. Click here to read more.