This post is part of my 10 week Christmas Preparation Plan for 2012.
Over the last couple of years I have collated some Christmas Menu Plan inspiration! You can find previous years here:
- Christmas Menu Ideas 2011 includes – Greek Inspiration, Curtis Stone’s Guide to Christmas, Aussie Christmas, Classic family Christmas dinner and Gluten Free menu plan
- Christmas Menu Ideas 2010 includes – No-worries vegetarian Christmas feast, Christmas garden party, Nigella Lawson’s Christmas Menu and Seafood BBQ Christmas Menu Plan
- Christmas Menu Ideas 2009 includes – Children’s Christmas Menu Plan, Modern Christmas Menu Plan, Traditional Christmas and Cheat’s Christmas
And here are some fresh Christmas menu ideas for 2012:
Christmas Menu Idea No.1 – Vegetarian
Even though I am a meat eater, I love the sound of this Vegetarian Christmas menu plan from Taste.com.au. It has recipes for:
- Cranberry fizz
- Porcini mushroom pate
- Grilled figs
- Sweet potato & leek roulade with Xmas stuffing
- Rocket salad with redcurrants and hazelnuts
- Glazed eschallot & capsicum salad
- Christmas pudding ice-cream
This post from The Vegetarian Experience has lots of veggie recipes for Christmas and also has a section on tips for cooking for vegetarians, if this is something that is new to you.
Christmas Menu Idea No.2 – Skye Gyngell Xmas Lunch Menu
Skye Gyngell is an Australian chef who is best known for her work as food editor for Vogue, and for winning a Michelin star at the Petersham Nurseries Cafe.
Skye shared her simple, low-key seasonal Christmas menu on ABC radio and you can read the transcript and see the recipes here. The Christmas Menu plan includes:
- Peach, tomato, Buffalo Mozzarella with basil oil
- Crab, shaved fennel, chilli oil and lemon bruschetta
- Fillet of beef with horseradish cream
- Cherry Granita
Christmas Menu Idea No.3 – Mexican Fiesta
Last year we had a Greek themed Christmas lunch – you can see the details here with links to most of the recipes I cooked. This menu plan which is also from Taste.com.au would be perfect for a feast like celebration on Christmas Day. You will find recipes for:
- Watermelon fizz
- Tomato & coriander salsa
- Avocado & olive salsa
- Crispy bacon & cos lettuce salad
- Banana, lime & pineapple cheesecake
And you also can download a PDF checklist which guides you through the preparation process two days out.
Christmas Menu Idea No.4 – Donna Hay Outdoor Christmas
I am yet to experience the full outdoor Christmas, but love the idea of it. Melbourne’s weather tends to make it a bit tricky to plan to do this, but if you live where the weather is consistently warmer, this outdoor Christmas Menu Plan from Donna Hay looks fantastic and includes:
- Barbecued prawns with garlic butter
- Brie and crispy bread salad with cranberry dressing
- Smoked ham, mozzarella and artichoke pastries
- Chocolate ginger truffles
- Mini Christmas puddings
Christmas Ideas on Pinterest
And if you are still looking for inspiration, check out my Christmas Ideas board on Pinterest. This board isn’t limited to food and drink ideas, but has over 100 images of wonderful inspiration for Christmas.
Are you hosting Christmas at your house this year and if so, what are you planning to serve up?